August 30, 2016

TUESDAY TOYS and THE BONE SEARCH

This is my toy basket.  Actually I have a lot of baskets.  One basket has all my outside "stuff", like different leashes and a gentle leader and a treat bag, and of course ~ poop bags!  And then there is a basket in the kitchen with treats, special ones for training and then just regular ones.  And some thing that has cheese in it, I love that cheese!  And there's this big red Kong, too, cause I'm a fast eater, too fast they say.  So sometimes I have to work for my dinner!  I chase the Kong all over the place and my kibble rolls out, one by one by one, and that's how I get my dinner.  I don't like that so much, I'd rather eat it fast out of my big bowl, but you know how pawrents are, they are always trying to teach you something!  Sigh.  Anyway, back to this toy basket, cause it's almost my favorite basket (well, actually I probably like the treat basket the best, and maybe the basket with my outside-go-for-a-walk stuff second best) ... Anyway!  Today I'm looking for my chew bones.  That grey cat, well, he's not much fun now cause I already destuffed him totally.  All my tennis balls are under the sofa and I'm too lazy to go under the sofa to paw them out.  I'm standing on my squeaky lobster, that's his red claw you can see.  I chased the grandboys remote control car until the batteries gave out!  A bunch of my other toys are in the kitchen, and some are under Grandma's bed, and a few are on the deck.  The ones I left on the deck got rained on and now they have to stay out there in the sun to dry out.  I'm really good at taking my toys out of the basket, but I'm not too good at putting them back into the basket.  So sometimes the basket is nearly empty!  But like I said, right now I'm looking for my bones.  I really like to chew on my bones ... I have quite a few of them ... can you help me find them, cause right now I don't see them here anywhere, even under that old destuffed cat ... oh, I should say that at bedtime I do help put my toys away, cause even though I often sleep in the Grandma's bed, sometimes I sleep in the big chair in the living room and since the Grandma sometimes gets up in the night it's not allowed to have toys (mine or the grandboys) all over the place cause we don't want her to trip over them in the dark.  Now ... back to my bone search ...

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you Dougie, looking for those bones. Hope you can find them. You are such a lucky boy to get to sleep on Grandma's bed. Bet that is comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our cousin Emma likes to search our boxes, we don't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We hope you find your bone, Dougie ! Good luck ! Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope you find your bone, Dougie Dog. Looks like you have a lot of toys to go through there to find it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bow wow, that is a lot of fun doggie toys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a basket for my beloved squeaky toys too. I always take the stuffing and the squeaker out of my squeaky toys so they fit in the basket better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, Dougie, losing chew bones is such a sad thing! Astrid has that problem sometimes, too, and then we have to go on searches. Sometimes, even though she always has roughly a gazillion chew bones lying all over the place (she loves to empty her toy box!), she'll search and search and search all over the house until she finds whichever particular one she feels like chewing at that exact moment. Lost chew bones around here usually end up either under a couch or in the couch cushions. Have you checked the couch cushions, Dougie? Astrid is expert at throwing those things all over the place during a chew bone rescue mission. She also likes to unravel and throw around blankets, and sometimes lost bones fly out of those, too! How about that? Have you checked there yet? Astrid really hopes you find your bones, Dougie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww ... this isn't your week is it? Yesterday you were left with no one to play with and now you can't find your bones! Hopefully tomorrow will be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We hope those bones have been unearthed by now,Dougie. Maybe that boy of yours took them to school for show and tell:)

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you find your bone.

    Mom Paula fusses at Grandma Faye if she tries to buy a stuffed kitty for Bandit to play with. MOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have a toy basket too...and Mama WISHES we would help put our toys away, but usually she finds them by stepping on them BOL!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  12. dood..forgetz de dawg bonez ...ewe knead ta take that swell car out fora spin ~~~~~☺☺☺♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete