ALL ABOUT ZOOLATRY ~ PAGES TO VISIT

August 11, 2026

THE LIGHT AT THE END OF MY TUNNEL

 If you noticed my Saturday, Aug 8 post, you saw my nemesis [the blue stripey mouse] trap me.  
Never fear though, I did escape.
And as soon as mine Mommy was out-n-about, I did some research 
[helped by our friend GEMI] wanting to learn how he'd grown quite so big!

Remember our friend Alice, the "Wonderland" girl who grew like 9-feet tall ...
well, I searched our kitchen, and NO, mine Mommy had no "eat me" cake,
and absolutely NONE of those very popular "caterpillar mushrooms"
everyone yammers about today ... NO, she did not.  So, that mystery remains.

Moving on.  This morning, blankies [hers, mine, ours] and pillows seemed tossed all over.
My tunnel, I'd run through ... be inside, from which I could observe the front door,
or turn 'round and see the windows !!! or sit atop !!! now blocked !!!

Dark.  No light at the end of my tunnel.  And yet ...

Worse?  Looking inside?
There, deep in the darkness,
my nemesis!

_________________________________

And so it began.
Even though my tunnel was dark, I feared not,
courage filled me, that mouse was mine!
I would enter the tunnel.

Now, his normal size, I flushed him out.
Tossed him into the air ...


He fell to the ground, er the floor.
I was now out of sight, under a nearby chair.
Wounded?  Deaded?

Moments passed, which seemed like hours.  
I think I fell to sleep, briefly.
My eyes opened to see ...
OMC.  He thinks he is hidden, but NOT.
In a curl of the blanket, his shadow I see ...

Soon, mine Mommy will place that blankie back where it belongs.
That mousie will be mine.







11 comments:

  1. yes... that mousie will be yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like you had a fun adventure in the comfort of your own home. You are lucky you have such a mouse to play with. Our cat bro Bert would eat the play mice as if they were real. He didn't seem to understand pretend vs reality. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mousie doesn't stand a chance against you, Juney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those nemisises are so very tricksy, Junie. Be careful!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got this, June! Stay focused and bide your time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanna join in on the fun! Well done Juney :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you are very close to having the mouse, June!

    ReplyDelete
  8. June, you'll get that mouse, I have no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom sure creates fun adventures for you, June. I knew you would beat that mouse some day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. juney chowder never truzt a mouz with stripez…they iz az vizshuz az deer N squirrel 😸🐾💚‼️

    ReplyDelete