ALL ABOUT ZOOLATRY ~ PAGES TO VISIT

▼

October 03, 2026

CATURDAY ART ~ ATHENA, CAT GODDESS OF WISDOM

Of course, we must first acknowledge our very own Athena, Cat Goddess.  
Here every Saturday inviting we pet bloggers to present and share 
our "visions of art" in any way we choose.  
We thank her.

Today, having read that for Halloween 2026, 
an "Athena costume", from the feature film The Odyssey,
is a favorite on many lists, 
we've chosen to share manipulated art of June ... 
as the Greek goddess of wisdom in two versions.

a blog hop presented by
Athena and Marie

FIRST, June becomes the Greek goddess in a costume fully designed on
Adobe Creative Cloud, our traditional choice for photo-art.
Admittedly, working this way, with many layers, took us about
2-hours to complete the image to our liking and finally layer her
onto a background.  We've had family members travel to Greece
and "borrowed" a photo of theirs, removing them of course,
to achieve an authentic setting.
I was happy with the image ... sigh.



SECOND, on a whim, I asked Adobe Firefly [artificial intelligence for art]
to create an image of June, as Athena, the Greek goddess.
Costumed, with an appropriate background. 

Sigh.  My image, remember ~ to my liking, 2 hours of traditional
designing, but yes ~ I still find it fun and challenging, well ~
Firefly did it's thing, it's magic, and did it well, in less than a minute.
And here it is.  Impressive.  Yes, it is.


I had given it a different, silhouetted pose of June as the base
and limited direction.  I reduced the final image to the same size as
my own version, and placed it in an identical ruled gold frame,
otherwise I did not manipulate Firefly's work.

Briefly I felt a little sad, outdone, diminished.  Twenty plus years of
learning Adobe Photoshop, evolving into Adobe Creative Cloud and doing
my best to improve my limited artistic skills over time ...
now, in seconds, AI becomes the artist, and well...  impressive!


16 comments:

  1. You truly look like royalty, Juney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love them both. Mom is trying to keep up her Photoshop so she doesn't lose what little skill she has with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pictures are cute, but you might not have noticed that the AI version gave June an extra paw that is holding her shield.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toda una diosa. Me encantó. Saludos desde Bitácora literaria España

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are lovely images and June is a wonderful subject. A joy to see this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. June OMCs you look most lovely in gold...
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, June, you are a wonderful Athena, wise goddess!!
    AI for art is an amazing thing, we use it too sometimes, mostly to rearrange items in templates, sometimes to um...'enhance' our pups in various settings. Sometimes they do a terrible job, but mostly it turns out well!
    (If you can do an image art in 2 hours, that is great, sometimes I work upwards of 8 hours from start to finish with some of the memorial I make. most take about 4 -5 hours...)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness sweet June, you are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We think they both look great. AI does a good job, but it certainly needs to be checked. It imagines stuff and adds things it's not supposed to (is that an extra paw holding Juney's shield?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. June as The Parthenon Athena with golden leaves upon her brow is stunning.
    June as a warrior is nice, even that little owl on her helm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We do quite like the second image but, to be honest, we stand firmly against using AI to any and all creative ends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, two gorgeous images of June! I've only ever used an ancient Photoshop program on my pictures, not even knowing how to use all the features that are there. I was never going to try AI ... But now I'm sort of wondering about it ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your feelings are certainly understandable. I, on the other hand, have very little creative art in my body (or brain), so I'm thrilled to be able to use a good AI program! BTW, both pictures are beautifully well-done...good job!

    ReplyDelete