February 22, 2019

NATURE FRIDAY ~ The Birds and Water Birds of Black Point









All the above were  photographed along the Black Point Wildlife Drive,
at the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.

The photo below was shot just after leaving the refuge.  An osprey (often mistaken for an eagle)
tending her nest on an old dock along the Banana River.  In the background, the VAB,
Vehicle Assembly Building at the Kennedy Space Center.



Today we'll join Arty and family from LLB for the
Nature Friday Blog Hop!


14 comments:

  1. it's beautiful and I love your heron photo... I never got one, as soon as I had my cam ready the heron disappeared ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. Great shots. I love watching the birds so what birds do.

    Have a fabulous Nature Friday and weekend, Ann. Scritches to the furbabies. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of the Anhinga, although I had to look it up as I had never heard of it before. In the Netherlands it's called an 'American snake-neck bird'.

    Mara from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the beautiful birdie pictures! My ghostwriter says she met a spoonbill face to face when she was in Florida at Flamingo Gardens. She says their bills feel just like they're made out of plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. me thinkz me best not let the tabbies see this post ;) ☺☺♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of the birds are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous birds thank you for sharing all these photos too. I felt like I was there with you
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos of all the wildlife are so beautiful - you even make those vulture turkeys look good:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a group of gorgeous birdies!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Jakey & Arty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you know the Man's last name is a Merritt? Love the birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are great photos of those beautiful birds. The first one is an amazing capture. Hugs

    ReplyDelete