October 25, 2020

SCARY-SPOOKY-SUSPICIOUS SUNDAY SELFIE

Right off the bat (no Meow-O-Ween pun intended here) we state and guarantee that this image in NOT photoshopped.  Not.  Period.  Full Stop.  In my 20-ish days (like some fifty plus years ago), when I took classes in photography, the non-digital kind, I remember the instructor saying, "see what the camera sees, the camera will always see what the eye often does not".

A lesson that has just been relearned, or maybe not relearned but certainly played out again.  Of course, with Juney new in the Zoolatry family, the camera is out and at the ready all day long.  And I recently shot a number of photos as she went on another adventure, exploring here and there.  One of the "there" places, a big basket of extra blankets for when winter rolls in.

I thought I was taking a photo of "a cat in a basket".  But the camera saw what I did not see!  And only once loaded onto my computer, did I see ... "cats in a basket".  Do you see?  Is it a trick of lighting?  A left over image in my camera, somehow superimposed on another?  A Halloween haunting?  It does not really seem to resemble Juney ~ it is scary and spooky and suspicious!  Is it the ghost of Halloweens past? 




26 comments:

  1. before I read anything I saw the picture and thought that looked like a cat! wow very neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! We see it!! That's pretty amazing.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is pretty unbelievable! And I did see it before you pointed it out. It almost looks like a reflection but you're right it doesn't look like Junie! I love it when I take a photo and there's something else in there that I did not see. You titled it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that gave me goose bumps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juney...I hang my head in remiss that I MISSED your arrival to your new home but I have just backed up and read all about you. What a beautiful girl. YOu look alot like our first Kitty Milky-Way, including your sweet little kissable nose.
    Hugs and a very belated BUT HEARTY welcome
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is amazing and now you know who sent Juney your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! I think the word for that is pareidolia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! Wow! That is really - spoooooooky.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that's so cool! We totally see the ghost kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must have been a special visitor who was too shy to see in full...MOL!! Great capture, whatever the reason!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is kinda spooky, but really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool. That looks like Angel Nellie to me. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Meowzers, that's scary, but cool!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kismet cracks us up:) What a cool image!!! That is a very special photo!!!

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh that is such a cool photo. Juney you are a magical cat!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like Foley came to visit. Watch out. She is a prank player

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
    Maybe the picture is trying to tell you something ;)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is so cool!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is really amazing but cats we believe that cats can see a little bit of things that are beyond perception to all others. A really cool photo for the season.

    ReplyDelete