February 24, 2022

THANKFUL THURSDAY from MY WINDOW


I am thankful I can watch the world go by ... people walking the streets, some days carrying rainbrellas, some days not, because we have sunny skies. Sometimes there are big trucks taking goods to faraway places and busses transporting students to school and shoppers to stores.  There are police cars with lights flashing and fire engines going fast, their sirens blaring to warn cars to get out of the way (sometimes the cars are bad and they don't do that!).  Once in awhile ambulances come to our building because many "senior" people live here, and me and mine Mommy put our paws together when that happens.  Sometimes music drifts up from the little restaurant just below when humans are having outdoor meals.  Not long ago I saw big snowplow machines clearing Charles Street, but soon I know all the trees on our street will blossom again with many colors and the snow will only be a memory for awhile.  It shouldn't be long now before all the birds I watched fly south for the winter begin to fly north again and that will be so exciting.  They often pause to rest on the domes of the churches.  Speaking of the churches, I also love to hear the church bells chime on the hour, but I'm thankful they don't ring through the night.  I even watch helicopters whirling by, they might be doing search and rescue work, there's a heli-pad on top of the hospital if I look to the left.  Or maybe it's a police copter searching for the bad guys!  Meow!  And in season, it's the sportscasters up there reporting how the game is going for the Ravens, go team!   And then there are those times when two cars, or a car and something "else" go smashing into each other (there's those bad cars again) and then there is so much excitement on the street and so many things to watch all at the same time, that I have to leave my window perch and just go take a nap!  It's really too too much.  Humans can be so careless.  Even I know that red means stop and green means go.  Anyway, if you ever thought having only one window to look out from might be a little boring, well think again.  My window on the world is just fine by me and I'm thankful for it not just on Thursday, but every day!  What do you see from your window?



 

25 comments:

  1. Junie, we live near an Air Force National Guard base, which has lots of BIG helicopters and jets flying to and from.
    Often, when important people fly into for a visit anywhere near Metro Detroit, they fly into our base.
    There is also a senior building that we can see from our front windows, and there are ambulances there much too often.
    We are glad you have interesting things to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the most fantastic view from way up there, Juney! I look for peeps and their pups going for walkies when I look out of my windows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, June, you see A LOT from your window! No wonder you need to take a nap now and again, with all that going on. Here it's usually quieter...Though depending on neighbours, traffic, etc., we'll hear noises more often than see things taking place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. we see traffic but not like yours and we hear sirens too but not often. you are in the BIG city, we are in the not so big, all our buildings are no higher than 2 stories. from our windows in the back only trees, from the front only one street and single story houses and trees. you have a whole world outside your one window

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure have lots of exciting things to see from your window up high, June. We see lots of wild critters from our windows all around our house. Sometimes we see strange vehicles come up our driveway and drop boxes on our porch. Then we bark at them. BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Sweet kitty photo and all the sights you get to see ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of love in your days,

    A ShutterBug Explores
    (aka A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure do have lots to see out your special window sweet June, sounds verey interesting! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow what a view... we see only our neighbor in his pj in da morning when he picks up da news paper...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your window views are amazing, June! You have become a wise and superb observer:)

    When petcretary was a young girl, her Aunt lived on the 16th floor in their apt building by the Scarborough Bluffs (Toronto), and the view and activities you could see from there were wonderful, too. Though when she lived on the sixth floor elsewhere, She loved seeing all the sights at that level, too. It was a suburban area, but not historical, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful window to be thankful for June, never a dull moment for sure!!!
    xoxo,
    Rosy, Sunny & Jakey

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed reading your foray into prose today. Your window on the world certainly gives you exactly that. By the way the stained glass piece on the window is beautiful, too. Did Mom make that?

    I hope Spring Marches forward outside your window in the speCATular way you described, and sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a wonderful view from your window, and I love all those domes.From my PC the window looks onto the Leyland hedge (Eric and Flynn's purrison hedge). It is quiet at the moment, but in the spring the sparrows will be back in their apartment block. They have made a big entrance near the top and when they start building their nests they are in and out all the time. There are about 15-20 that use that entrance, but it is very hard to count them accurately.

    ReplyDelete
  13. juney chowder ...YEOW .... ewe must be up on de 87,299th floor !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - you sure have a lot to keep you busy watching, June!!! But we bet you do enjoy a good nap too.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have quite a breathtaking view! I can imagine it's like a non-stop show down below!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you have a lot to see from the safety of your apartment. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a very exciting window view. We just see the back yard from where we sit at the table.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fascinating. You can see the whole world from up there.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are a real city cat.And what an amazing view! Although we live in a city it is like a village compared to yours. But sometimes I can see a crane from my kitchen window, building an apartment block in the next street. From the kitchen windows I can mostly see the grapevine and if I am lucky, birds darting down to the birdbath.
    I have an outside enclosure with my fishpond in one corner. Outside my enclosure my human has put two more birdbaths under a westringia tree and a crabapple tree. Birds come down there all day. If I want to look at cars I can peek through the front window or take my human on her lead into the street.

    ReplyDelete