April 06, 2022

ONE APRIL DAY ~ in the year 2020

On April 6, 2020 Zoey celebrated her 14th birthday.
A week later she packed a little tote bag and went off to heaven.

It was April 18.  The band was playing her song, "Send In The Clowns".  St. Peter opened the gates to let allow her in ... she simply rushed by without so much as a pleasant hi-and-hello, or a meow-de-doo ... so he made a note in that big book of his, with an asterisk for the Angels in Charge "you have your work cut out with this one fur sure."


We didn't hear anything from heaven for about two weeks.  Then a text arrived from one of the assistant angels.  It seems Zoey was spending most of her time with play, but we knew that had always been what the Zo-girl did best.  She'd found sisfur Maggy, solely with the intent to antagonize her!  And running hither and yon, found adopted big brofur, TK.  He, the gentle one, and for a long time "master of the house" when she'd gone to live in Aunt Dee's home.  But she was so happy to see TK, now with purrfect eyesight to see all the beauty of heaven.  And best of all, as she was exploring, she found Poppy Vic, her first love.  It felt so good to be in his arms again.  Now don't misunderstand, it was reported to me that she is missing earth, but heaven has its benefits too.  Maggy is understandably steering clear of her, but she is learning good behavior from TK and Poppy Vic.  The Angels in Charge are watching from the wings (!!) and before the month ends maybe Zo will earn that "halo and wings".  After all, who could refuse that adorable little face ...   

And finally, a letter from heaven, from Zoey herself, in her usual kittengarten printing, dated mid-June 2020.  The stamp crooked!  No return address. It reads, though I have corrected her spelling errors, so it can be understood ...

I just wanting to let you know after a few, or maybe many, mis-steps, but with a lot of hard work, the Angels in Charge honored me with my "halo" this week.  I am thankful and proud.  It was a short little ceremony with Poppy holding me.
Maggy (ppffttt) was there, with Bhu beside her.  My dear Angel friends like TK and Dio, Amber da Weenie and some from long, long ago like Ginger Jasper, and Eric and Flynn and my special woo's, Phantom and Thunder.  TK brought a special guest, his sisfur Squashies.  I'd never met her on earth, but I fell in love with her right away.  But I will stop naming names as I'll furget special and impawtent ones who came before.  I have seen many here, too many ~ who filled my days with fun and joy and laughter and love.  All who make this a good place to be, forever.
But, gosh, as nice as it is here, please stay on earth awhile longer, you are wanted and needed there, really.


For seven years, Zoey shared her home with me and Poppy Vic in Florida, our silly little clown of a cat and she filled this blog with sweet photos.  When Poppy Vic crossed his Rainbow Bridge and I moved to Maryland, Zoey could not come with me.  She made her new home, for the next seven years with Aunt Dee and Daddy Pierre, with best brofurs TK and Pip, still a Florida girl.  She continued over all those years to fill the pages of Zoolatry, she was blessed to be with the best pet parents ever in a home of love, and I am forever grateful.  I am also so very thankful that I was able to continue to see her on regular trips to Florida over those years.  Zoey was indeed a very special kitty, the kitten who never grew up. We all still miss her and it often is a surprise to me that we speak of her nearly every week in some way or another, she certainly left an impression on all of us.  Send in the clown . . .










 


31 comments:

  1. we ove you Zoey...and we hope you have a wonderful heavenly birthday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday in Heaven, Zoey♥ You are missed LOTS here on Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Zoe-Zoe,

    It was hard for me when you left, I looked and called for you constantly for a very long time. I still do every season when we change houses for the season. Maybe we just left you? (Mommy would never do that. But I miss you so much, and so, am ever hopeful that you will come back to me.)

    It sounds like you are making your own fun in heaven. That was always your way. You could make a game out of anything, and always let me join in. Did I say how much I miss you?

    Happy Birthday, littlest sisfur. I'm glad you are with Poppy Vic,TK, Maggy, and Squashies. They all love you and will take care of you until we come too.

    Your adoring brofur, Pip

    P.S. My mommy has leaky eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh beautiful Zoey! You are so missed. Happy heavenly birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is much to pretty to say she LOOKs like a clown, but from the photos I can see she was inside a clown. she is beautiful and this is a great memorial to he

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday in heaven, Zoey and concats on your halo! No doubt there will be a huge party with much celebrating! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful post for Zoey. Happy birthday in heaven, you are dearly missed here on earth by your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely tribute to you and your pop.

    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday Angel Zoey,♪♫
    ♪♫Happy Birthday to you.♪♫

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Scritches to June. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Heavenly Birthday, Zoey. You sure made an impact on those whose lives you touched.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs and purrs on this remembrance day; Angel Zoey will be missed here on Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Precious Zoey, we miss you so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They can find a way to tell you that they';re OK. Kyla sent us a rainbow and those aren't common in Arizona.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Halo Birthday, Zoey! It really suits you. It's wonderful how many friends you have up there, not to mention Poppy Vic who clearly adores you.
    You are still a favourite when it comes to making funnies. What a legacy for a little clown to leave! Love, Wendy & Dani

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sending you hugs and love as you remember your sweet girl. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. happee birthday two ewe gorgeouz; pleez ta tell everee one we said HI
    and send ♥♥♥♥♥ yur halo iz total lee awesum ~~~~ congratz ~~~♥♥♥ !!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angel Zoey you and your sister were two of Angel Madi's first kitty friends.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww, Happy Birthday to Angel Zoey.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Heavenly Birthday, Zoey. You are most precious, now and ever.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness this post has made me teary eyed! What an incredibly beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy Birthday sweetest Angel Zoey. The comment from Pip sure made me cry too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful post that has truly touched my heart. Zoey is still so loved, remembered, treasured and missed. ❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  22. HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN, ZOEY! I'm so glad you got together with Amber for a little while. Hope she's behaving herself.
    April 6 has a lot of meaning in our family. April 6 is my friend's birthday too. We met in kindergarden and stayed besties all the way through high school. After that we kind of parted ways. She moved to Las Vegas and we moved to Florida. Recently she moved again, this time to Naples, FL. So we're in touch again and only 2 hours apart. April 6, 19 years ago, my mother passed away. And on April 6, 13 years ago, my sweet little DeeDee (Chinese Crested) died unexpectedly. So April 6 is a bittersweet day in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. A brilliantly written post. You are fortunate to be able to keep in contact with your baby at the Bridge. I am so blessed too

    ReplyDelete
  24. We love and miss you very much, Zoey. Happy birthday in Heaven. XO

    ReplyDelete
  25. Belated Heavenly Birthday to YOU, sweet Angel Zoey!

    We pups think you must have met up with our angel furblings, and Angels Minko & Pipo being the best known of them all...at least those from our den...

    Hugs and love to your Mom as they think of and treasure all the precious memories. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  26. Rin free deer Zoey!! You sure were floofy an beeuteefull...
    Miss Ann wee furry sorry yore Kitty Gurl had to leeve. Wee are happy you have so many fotoss an memoreess....
    ~~~head rubsss~~~BellaDharma~~~ an {{hugss}} BellaSita Mum

    ReplyDelete