September 13, 2022

THE HAPPY CAMPER STORY: Two Versions


 

The Happy Camper, as told by JUNE.  I love camping out in my tent and I've been camping all summer long, and I'll be camping even when the weather gets cooler 'cause it's the best thing ever.  Sometimes it rains or gets windy and a tree branch might fall on my tent and make it collapse (see top picture), and squirrels might drop acorns on me!  But I don't care.  I get to see sunrise and sunset when I'm outdoors with Mother Nature, it's awesome.  And sometimes there are little bugs on the ground I can chase, even catch ~ yum, extra protein!  I've made friends with some woodland creatures who are very nice and we've shared cell phone numbers to stay in touch.  Mine Mommy insists I come indoors at night to be safer, and sometimes when I go out again at dawn a whole new tent is there waiting for me.  I think she special-orders them from the "tent store in the hall closet" when they get collapsed like that one up top did, cause I don't know what I'd do without my tent, I would not be a happy camper.

The Happy Camper, as told by the MOM.  June, the cat, is fanatical about her paper tent, and it's true, she is in it every day!  If I forget to set it up for her in the mornings she seems almost sad and seems to search for it.  She'll run through it, nap in it, knock it over (I set it up again). Over time, it will fall apart from little claw marks, little teeth having bitten it here and there or even it having been dragged around.  So, yes ... there is a "tent store in the hall closet".  A big roll of heavy kraft paper.  Away with the old battered tent and a new one is made!  And once again, June will be a happy camper.  BTW: maybe you'd like to try making a paper tent for your kitty, see if they will enjoy being a happy camper!



21 comments:

  1. My goodness June, you are a rough little thing! When you really like something you drag it around. Luckily your Mom is very resourceful. And your wrinkled and chewed tents are recyclable. Great stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we love your paper tent... we had a paper house once but... well, don't ask hahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. suped duper superb tent. what a great idea. a new tent a day will make a cat play... wild clapping for you and your mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a happy camper is a good thing and having a mom that knows how to make sure you're a happy camper is even better.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I thought I was clever by purchasing a huge amount of tissue paper for Sweetie's enjoyment; once the one piece is ripped to shreds, I ball up the pieces and put out a fresh sheet!
    Craft paper...now, that's the next level. Thank you for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it June. I'm a soft bed tent girl, but the crinkly tent would get my attention easily. I'll tell Lynn to get with the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a wonderful tent June and it looks like it has your 'stamp' of approval - MOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are too cute in your tents, June! And how wonderful to have an endless supply handy for the times when each tent has been shredded.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's adorable. Especially the little bitty teeth marks I see. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so cute in your tent, June. Your mom is so sweet to make you new ones when you wear them out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a GRATE idea June an Miss Ann!! Mee usess large giftie bagss as mee 'tent'...wunder where wee cuud find Krafty Papurr.....mee will ask BellaSita to ask Aunty Sheila...
    Beein a Happy Campurr iss furry impawtent rite June???
    **purrss** BellaDharma an **giggless** BellaSita Mum

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is an awesome tent, Juney! We can see why you love it so much, and what wonderful adventures you have camping out. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun! That's a great way to make tents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that tent and the factory that keeps you in a constant tent supply! I love your imagination too:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can see you loving your tent. I bet it makes nice crinkle noises too!

    ReplyDelete