I liked this photo of June, taken at dusk one early winter evening. But I also "disliked" it, feeling it did not have the interest or drama it could have. Reworking an image with Photoshop does not always make it "better", but rather just makes it different. So, I'll let the viewer decide about this image ... below, how it was altered:
1) crop and slightly rotate
2) outline all of the image excepting bulletin board on desk
3) convert outlined area to grey scale/black and white
4) enhance, strengthen color values on the bulletin board
5) pick up colors from bulletin board to "stripe" the placemat
6) using the dodge tool to highlight June's face/profile and
brighten the area behind her profile
7) tighten crop, add black shadow border
Different? More interesting? More dramatic?
Even if none of the above, a fun exercise in Photoshop.
And guess what else is fun? OCTOBER! For us it means that Zoolatry becomes BOOLATRY, a tradition here for more years than I can recall, so hope you'll be joining us. Lots of "flashback fun" ... frivolous friends ... spooky, scary, but sweet meows 'n' woofs all month long. And tomorrow, October 1, it's a must to visit The Cat Blogosphere, check out all the events for the month, grab any badges you want, and get ready to "boo ... "
Athena Cat Goddess
Caturday Art Blog Hop!