April 23, 2024

[UN]HAPPY TUESDAY


All day yesterday, I sat here, with my toys, playing, all alone.  Singing that song, "all by myself".  From time to time, I meowed and pleaded with mine Mommy ~ I so want a play date, please, purrr please.  She was unmoved, unrelenting, inattentive to my pleas, my words, even to my actions when I reached out, claws extended and managed a good scratch on her leg as she passed by!  Oh yes, I heard that "ooowie, June" and saw her applying a band-aid, but it was deserved!  

You know, I even tried the infamous "SMUDGE Annoying Look" (which I've been practicing), but even though she is quite fond of Smudge, she was not moved at all by "the S.A. Look".  Well, maybe I've not perfected it yet.  

And guess what, I even scattered all the toys out of my toy box.  Did that bother her?  No.  I finally tried the ultimate sign of my displeasure, yes, kitties, the final resort.  One we kitties should only use in the most extreme of circumstances, when we really really need to get our point across.  I did it.  I kicked a pooper (and it was a biggie, I was very proud of it) out of the litter-loo box.  Right where she HAD to see it!  HAD to step over it to use her own litter-loo box!  Ha, I said to myself, that will do it, now she'll know I mean business.

But alas.  She merely grabbed a stinky Lysol wipe and away it went, you know where.  Another few of those wipes on the floor, "easy-peasy" I heard her say, and that was that.  A rather muffled "oh, juney" escaped her lips and she went on to other stuff.  I was deflated.  Truly at a loss as to what to do, how to change her mind.  In a muffled voice again, I think I heard, "not gonna happen".  Sigh.

 πŸΎ I do so want a play date 🐾




25 comments:

  1. Dear June, I used to do stuff to Lynn to git her attention. Now I just sleep it off, mol. However, she does get a few holes punched in her legs during leg time. I think you may have to come up with original scheme to git yer mommy to pay attention. After all we kitties should always come furst. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, June...you'd pulled out all the stops and STILL nothing...sorry, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that and she still didn't relent?! I'm at a loss as to what to suggest. Maybe a hairball inside her favourite shoes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your playdate one day soon, Juney.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest June,
    You poor kitty girl and all alone by yourself!
    But your tactics to grab your Mommy's attention are not all very nice...
    Big hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  6. juney chowder eye will come over and play, and we can raiz, soundz like swell,
    and sinz we look a like, yur mom will knot bee abe bull ta say…..EWE did it…coz
    it mite a ben ME πŸŸπŸ˜ΊπŸ’™‼️

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well June, you certainly gave it your best shot! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Juney, we would play with you if you visited but I think you'd have to have a good imagination to play with me right now. I'd BE there but you wouldn't SEE me. Still...play is play, right? Maybe think twice about that poop business....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've done all you can do and it appears it wasn't working. Perhaps on another day it will. You made me laugh out loud with the poop though. I had a visual.

    Have a fabulous day, June. My best to your mom. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm ready to entertain you. Get on over here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. June OMCs I think you have played all the tricks in your stack of cards. OMCs you slung a big pooper out of the box?
    Maybe you can have a play date with the local baseball team
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why won't she play with you? You poor kitty. XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goodness, that Mama of yours must be on a heavy deadline or something, what other reason could there be June?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a good thing she saw it, June, and didn't step on it - then you would have been in big trouble. We will come play with you if we can find the keys to the vehicle.

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  15. We can't believe your mom wouldn't play with your, June. It probably isn't a good idea to scratch her to get her attention though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang, poor you sweet June. We could send the T Trio over to keep you entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn, you tried everything, Juney! We hope Mommy played with you today. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, you tried all the tricks at your disposal. We think the scratch on your Mom was a bit extreme, though, and we know our Mommy would never take us anywhere or do what we wanted if we did something like that. It's gotta be hard being the only kittie there. I mean, we have each other to play with. But on the other paw, you do get all the treats... Your friends who have to share, Xena and my pack

    ReplyDelete
  19. There are days when mamas are just so, so busy, playtime just isn't possible. Maybe tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope some friends drop by to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Charlee: "Wow, June, whatever your Mom was doing, it must have been super important, like solving world hunger or achieving world peace!"
    Chaplin: "Or maybe ordering cat food!"

    ReplyDelete
  22. That happens here, too. It isn't fair. Have you tried crouching with your back to her in the sulking posture?

    ReplyDelete