October 17, 2024

THE INSIDE OUT LIFE OF JUNE

Anthropomorphism.  I do strongly believe that our pets ~ be they cats or dogs, or other ~ have and share emotions and feelings very similar to our own.  I've seen this, felt it in my heart and experienced it deeply with every pet I've ever had throughout my life.  During my years as a volunteer with the National Zoo in Washington, DC, serving as a "observer of behavior" for tigers, gorillas and pandas, I witnessed it firsthand in their behavior each and every time I was on duty.  So, yes, I am a true believer.

You might be wondering what this has to do with Boolatry?  In 2015, I saw the movie INSIDE OUT (first release) with my youngest grandson, and earlier this summer, with that now teenage grandson thoroughly enjoyed the new INSIDE OUT II.  

All those wonderful (or not so much so) feelings tumbling around inside those young minds ~ not to be stifled, but to be let out ~ in appropriate ways, to be understood, to be properly managed, or celebrated.  And as those young minds grow up, new feelings and emotions arrive "up there", bringing confusion, or fear, or uncertainty.  So many many, so much, so much.  

And it entered my own somewhat muddled up inside-out-adult-mind one day, when looking at my little kitty cat as she watched something or other, that her mind too was full of all those feelings ~ they were there, in her movements, in her actions, in her sounds, and on her face ~ if I was only open to seeing them.

The characters from that film are also INSIDE June,
and since we're doing "characters" all month it felt right 
to show and share these as part of Boolatry.

So, we let them OUT, for June has these feelings too!
As do all our animal and pet friends.





June will look up, wide eyed, alert, all 'round when joyful.

If anxious or stressed, she'll hunch down, or turn away, sit near furniture or the wall.

When sad or disturbed, it's likely her head will lower, her back hunch
down a bit, perhaps even her eyes close slightly.

When fearful, if not going into a full hiding mode, she will again have
wide eyes, but be in a down low attack mode.

I am thankful that we share our feelings and
emotions with our beloved pets ~ and that they honor us by
sharing theirs with us.









15 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for Precious even when she is in hiding. I know just what she feels on some days as I feel the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duke is the most loving pet that I have ever had. I know he understands. I'm not sure that we have ever seen the Inside Out movie. I will look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom agrees that we have our own feelings and emotions. Noelle shows hers more than Reesie but they both do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We definitely show our emotions! ~Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  5. When we live with someone, we learn so much about them, and they us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flynn had such an expressive face that I always knew what he was thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree! Thoughtful and emotional beings, all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. June sure is expressive. We pups show our emotions in similar ways.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post! And love the movies. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't think you could get any more impressive, but you've done it! I'm happy to see what you can produce now that you're getting used to the new Windows and all. It seems to be brighter and very au courent. I'm sure you still have daily struggles, but you've met your match and now you're defying it. Hugs and Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, cats are as thoughtful and maybe fearful as we are. They do feel as we do. This is why I love my cats, often more than people.

    Marjorie and Toulouse
    DashKitten.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope the fear character inside June is kept far away

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice and loving post from a caring Mom. Our Mom says she can read a lot of what we are feeling too, but she really wishes she knew what to do about the not-so-good feelings:(

    Woos - Misty and Timber

    ReplyDelete