September 20, 2018

DOUGIE DOG IS THANKFUL TODAY

Oh yes, I am most thankful right now!

First: there was a week or more of heat in the mid-to-high 90s and the "real feel" up over 100 degrees!
Every time Wilson and I went out to play I got pooped out real fast.  Ugh.

Then it was day after day after day of rain and more rain and it was so muddy I sank down in the
mud and all my Wilsons sort of disappeared in the mud and grass and leaves cause nobody could
mow the yard since like forever and the grass 'n' weeds came up to my belly!  Yeah, for real!

Then we had a nice day.  One.  Just one nice day.
And my hu-mom and my grand-mom (the Zoolatry Human) spent the whole day with mowing and picking up twigs and branches and debris that came down in the storms and weed-wacking and raking and oh, yeah, searching out all those 
disappeared Wilsons and cleaning them up ... THANKS!  
But with all that stuff going on out in the yard and all that "equipment" they use (my hu-mom was wielding an ax)
I wasn't allowed out to play!  It was too dangerous they said.   

So ... now, you might ask "why is Dougie Dog thankful?"

Well, the yard is tidy now ... the heat went away ... 
and the rain and the wind went away ...
so, c'mon Wilson ...
let's play!

And we still are keeping our paws together for friends and furriends down South
who struggle with continued flooding and all the problems and losses left from H. Florence.

It's Thankful Thursday over at Brian's Home Blog.



5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a real mess. I'm glad it's all tidy now and yes Dougie needs to play.

    Have a blessed Thankful Thursday. Scritches to Dougie. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilson is a special pal Dougie. When we had dogs they loved Wilson too! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tennis balls are very good at hiding! Believe me, I probably have at least three of them stuck under the couch. Glad you were able to recover at least one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dougie, it sure sounds like things are going well for you again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY for good weather, Dougie!!! We are still dealing with heat and humidity, but after a day of rain tomorrow, they are promising several days in the 70s - we CANNOT wait!!! Enjoy your day.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete