February 13, 2021

ORANGE KITTY GETS A NAME [Caturday Art]

Some may remember our post on January 27 (click here if you'd like to see it) when June introduced her roommate, orange kitty.  She mentioned that orange kitty didn't have a name, but said she was "open to suggestions".  Well, several friends in their comments offered up quite a few really great names . . . so . . . here's the rest of the story.

Hey, orange kitty ... I have a secret to tell you.  What?  Some or my, er, our
friends have suggested some wonderful names for you.  Because it's going
to be your name, I think you should be the one to choose! I can't wait! 


See, I've written all the names the suggested here on the green-board.
Look carefully.  Think it over.
And I'll tell you a little more about each name while you're thinking, OK? OK!


Perfect ~ Purrfect came from our friend CLEO.
Well, I do like that, I rather think I am "purrfect" you know!

Marmalade ~ Marmie came from the WOOS, Lightning, Timber and Misty.
Woo, Woo, I've heard Mom talk a lot about the Woos!

Ginger, this was from Meowmeowmans and no one knows more
kitty cat names than he does, fur sure!
Oh yes, cause he talks about beautiful, special and wonderful and 
new adoptable kitties every every day, Ginger, mmm.

Tomasina ~ this adorable name was suggested by Messymimi.
I kind of think I'd like to be called Messymimi actually (tee hee) but
Tomasina is very sweet, too ... that name is quite cool, tho!

And there was Punkin' from Shoko, way up and over in Canada!
I am Punkin' color and I know Shoko is a special furriend of yours, too!

And those special twins that we adore so much at the Eastside Cats,
they think you should be called Mabel or Maisie.
Oh, those are such sweet names from such sweet boys!

Dolly ~ Molly ~ Sally ~ all these came from Beau!
Do you mean Beau, as in Beaumont, like over at Four Paws ... 
oh my dog, I'm drooling how, the handsome one thought of me!!!

Now don't forget about Happy Day, this name came from Marv and JoJo
and Kozmo and Cinnamom and Angel Nellie, they all live
at Cats-astropic Cats.
Me oh my, I'd be a happy orange cat every day with a name like Happy Day!

And great minds think alike, our special friend Molly the Aire-dale
(remember, Dougie Dog has a crush on her) she also suggested
Marmalade!
Mmm, that's four for Marmalade.  Is that a sign or something ...
I wonder, I must ponder that ... and come to think of it, our Mom
lived a long time way down in the Sunshine State enjoying the sweet
smells of the orange groves ... sometimes spreading marmalade on her
hot biscuits or English muffins in the morning ... I wonder ...


And so it shall be, Sweet Marmalade, Sweet Me!
Thank you all for all the wonderful names ...

Thank you June for letting me sit on your rounder by the left-side window for my official portrait!
Love, Marmie, the Orange Kitty


 

27 comments:

  1. Marmalade is purfect... the majority wins! and the orange cat named marmalade makes me grin

    ReplyDelete
  2. We think Marmalade is the purrfect name for you. Mom had an orange kitty named Butternut a long time ago. Mom said he was a nutty little thing but very sweet once she tamed him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love it!!! We're glad you finally have the purrfect name.

    The Florida Furkids

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just the most perfect name for you, Marmalade and we love the nickname Marmie too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a prefect name for you, Marmalade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With a name or without, Juney...a friend is a prize indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's too sugary. Everyone will gain weight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wasn't there an old Disney movie called The Three Lives of Thomasina?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a perfect choice of name. The first kitty Ivor and I had together when we got married was called Marmie, short for Marmaduke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marmalade-Marmie! Welcome! So nice to meet you and we LOVE your name, it suits you to a T. June you are so gracious. We are not sure we would be. You guys are totally AWESOME! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We like Marmie, it sure seems right sweet June!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Peaches here! I know what a challenge it is to pick a name! A friend got my mom a fake Calico cat to be MY friend a while back since Paprika and I often do to see eye to eye. She looked real! Well I spent a lot of time with my new "friend" who looked just like me and I got along MUCH better with her than Paprika cuz she did whatever I told her to. Hah! But it took Mom Carol a YEAR to pick a name for her. That's right, a year! There's no excuse for such dilly-dallying. So I want to commend you for tackling and successfully completing this task on a timely basis. - Signed, Peaches the cat

    ReplyDelete
  13. We love your new name Marmie! Now remember that being a Marmie or Ginger Color Kitty is a very big responsibility. You have to be extra sweet, purrs easily and always be nice to other kitties. That is just what we Orangies do! Oh, I should have suggested that name, Orangie. Ah well, Marmie is really wonderful and fits you purrfectly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Naming Day Marmie ! Just don't let anyone call you Marmite !

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY!!! We are thrilled that you decided to go with Marmalade although you had some awesome other options. We hope to see more of your fun with Marmie, June.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  16. They were all great suggestions, and we think Marmalade is a purrfect name for you. 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute post. I think you made an excellent choice. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Marmie is a great name for yout orange buddy, Juney!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the name, and the process you used to get the name was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Marmalade is a wonderful name, you chose very well!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was an excellent choice of a name.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Marmie was my choice too ~ great post and sweet photos ~ fun ~ sweet kitty ~

    Moment by Moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the name too! I think it's perfect!! (purrfect??)

    ¸¸.•*¨*•*´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` Happy Valentine's Day!! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the name! I came by via Friendship Friday at Create with Joy. So glad to find your blog!

    ReplyDelete