October 15, 2022

MEET THE CAT-ADDAMS FAMILY

You may (or may not) know that mine Mommy's last name is Adamus, so supposedly that is my last name too!  Recently however I received an anonymous gift that allowed me to do a "feline-dna and cat-genealogy search" which was very exciting and led to a very interesting discovery!  Read on ......  extensive data revealed that I am actually a direct descendant of the famous CatAddams Family of television and movie fame!  I can hear the music now!  And of course, am feeling a bit hissy-fit-fied that this amazing part of my purrsonal history had not been previously revealed to me. In any case, I reached, er, pawed out, immediately to THING (whose contact information was readily available online). Thing was so gracious and helpful, offering a purrsonal tour of the now abandoned family mansion and also suggesting I bring my own portrait to hang in the family gallery there.  I was so excited and thrilled by the warm welcome, and now my day for the tour has arrived.  Read on......    

THING met me at the entrance to the Addams Family mansion
and though dark and a bit scary, he assured me he would stay
close at hand during our tour.
And he handily approved of the portrait I brought for the family gallery,
claiming it was "most handsome."
We stepped into the grand entrance, it was dank and dark.  
Cobwebs hung low from a chandelier 
and spiders scurried away from my paws.
To my left I saw the magnificent portraits of my ancestors,
I could almost smell Go-Meezer's cigar and Mor-Tushie's rose ...
and in the near silence I know I heard whispers of
"cara mia" ... "mon cher" ...
THING drew my attention toward the other side of the grand hall
and there was Cuzzin Anyday.  Now I do remember her reputation as 
Wednesday, in particular, she was a bit of a rebel, with a dark side.
But on every other day of the week, she was daddy's little girl,
mischievous or not!
And look there ~ Hello Kitty, Hello Itties!
In a place of honor!  Big Cuz Itty and adorable
Itty Bitty Kitty, a Polka Dot Princess of the Past!
🔵

Suddenly, THING turned toward me, hand on my back, saying we must go.  Oh, not yet I meowed, it's too soon ... what of all the others, so many others?  We cannot go up the staircase, he replied, it is broken and splintered, you will be harmed, danger lurks in the shadows and up and beyond.  I must keep you safe little one. There will be another time.  Boolatry will come again.

Copied with permission from the Diary of June Addams, October 15, 2022





23 comments:

  1. How exciting to find your ancestry and meet Thing. Exciting to see the portraits of your ancestors. Your portrait will look perfect to hang along side of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MOL & BOL this is terrific. Mom loved watching that show when she was little. We meowed and barked at her that she should let us watch it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous, Juney! We can still find the Adams Family on TV if we search and it's a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thing is watching out for you, June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. June, we so enjoyed the arm chair tour of your mansion family home and meeting your loving
    uncles and cousins. Lynn sometimes sees the TV show and the human family compares nothing
    to your feline family. Your are so getting into October Halloween. Precious

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW x 100!! What a fun post!!
    Hugs cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what an amazing lineage you have, Juney! Thing sure seems nice. XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, that is a great tale! The only spooky visitations I get are when Mrs H has a bad hair morning!
    Purrs
    ERin

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fantastic and fanastical! Not only are your pictures so accurate in retelling this tale, your own purrtrait is literally out of this world! Congrats to your Mommy for her wordplay and vivid imagination. And Thing certainly came in handy as a guide to this otherworldly yet homey backdrop. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved being in on the tour of your purrsonal family mansion, June!

    ReplyDelete
  11. No PUGSley because he is from the other branch of the family ? A wonderful reunion Junie !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are all totally adorable sweet June, you nailed the Adams Family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We can see the family resemblance in some of those portraits, June. How exciting to go visit where your family used to live.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! I had no idea you were related to this famous family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this ! I had no idea you were related to this famous family. XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, dear, i'm sad to hear the place is now abandoned, i happen to like that family and wish their descendants would come claim the place and make it a fun house to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This was a fun post, June, and you sure do look a lot like that fine lineage of your ancestors:)

    We'll just stay out of spooky places...

    ReplyDelete
  18. You certainly have a fine pedigree, Juney. And this was a furry suitable post in view of Halloween which is approaching.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post! I didn't know that about your past. TW was watching the trailer for the show Wednesday the other day. It was kinda scary but nothing scares me.

    ReplyDelete