December 13, 2018

WORDS OF THE SEASON, 5

This may seem an unusual choice for a word ~ first.
Yet, I remember a Christmas that was celebrated as the "first" with my first born child, just a
few months old (1975), she, of course, did not even understand "Christmas".  She was also
the first grandchild to arrive in our family.  Many families may be welcoming their very
own "first" this season ~ such a joy for them!

And I also remember, as I am sure many others do, the "first" Christmas (2012) that came 
when dear family members were not there.
They had left us, moved beyond this earth ~ heaven bound.  
And missing them was even more poignant during this time of year ...
here, my Mom and my Vic, once upon another Christmas.



12 comments:

  1. The 1st Christmas after a loss is hard and there is always a feeling of loss at subsequent Christmases. Still, it is good that we remember them as they are and always will be, a part of our lives.
    Nancy and the kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. we feel like you... we remember the time we are were together...and we had no clue how blessed we were that time...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hari Om
    Anniversaries; bittersweet... YAM xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hugs to you from all of us. Firsts can be fun and can hurt the heart too. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Losing those we love is so hard. We so miss our sister Emma who passed suddenly on 10/30. We are moving forward, but Mom has so many tears all the time. Memories are wonderful but it will be a while before they make her smile again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big hugs to you Ann. But it is good to have those great memories. But we do know it is very hard, I guess since Christmas is such a family time. You take care Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old memories are forever memories. My ghostwriter likes to tell a story this time of year. She had a patient who had Alzheimers and could not remember what was said to her for more then two minutes. But when Christmas came around and someone put on some old Christmas songs, this lady knew all the words to all the verses. Hope you have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can relate to this. I lost my parents in the 90s, and my grandparents in the 70s.

    I do remember my sons first Christmas. He didn't have a clue either.

    Have a fabulous day, Ann. Scritches to your babies. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful memories. Thankfully in between the firsts there were many times of happiness shared.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holidays are a mixed bag. Memories of my first child in his elf costume for his first Christmas, along with missing those who aren't here any more.

    The remembering is better than forgetting would be, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First Christmas for me without my Mum.

    ReplyDelete