July 06, 2019

CATURDAY ART ~ PHOTO FRAMING

Mentioned above, most of what we are posting this month are repeat images ~ and today's Caturday Art is no exception.  Although what we are focusing on with these images today is the "framing" for each.  Just as we would frame most art or photographs displayed in our homes (and granted, there are exceptions ... ) I like to frame my photo-art images and posts. 

I believe it completes the pictures.  Quite often the frame will enhance the image adding more color or design or impact to it.  Even basic, unaltered posts are usually posted with a simple black rule border.  A few photographs do stand alone without any borders or framing.  And there are times when I will try up to a dozen "frames" on a single image before finding one that seems to look just right.  

Below, six "old" and favorite photos from our Art Gallery ... with a little chit-chat and waxing poetic on the image and it's framing.  My three grandchildren have all grown up well beyond these photos, as have my two beautiful grand nieces ... yet I still enjoy going into old photo files to discover their once upon a time images to work with.  Thank You, Kids!






 
CATURDAY ART

One of our favorite blog hops,
brought to you by Athena and Marie,

Today, with special Happy Birthday Wishes to Marie!

11 comments:

  1. Your frames sure are pretty and I've been framed a time or two myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and the frames compliment them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your framing is lovely. I have been working on Out of Border framing for a challenge which I find challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful frames, beautiful prose, and beautiful images, Ann. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such a wonderful and artistic eye for what works best. We always are wowed by your creations!!! And we have benefited from a lot of it:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all beautiful, especially the twins. XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always love to see your pictures, Ann😸Pawkisses for a Happy Caturday🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete
  8. The frames are lovely and really enhance the pictures.

    ReplyDelete