July 23, 2019

HAPPY TUESDAY ~ FLYING HIGH

Watching and photographing (and quietly listening to) our backyard birds is one of my favorite pastimes.  And I love to look for new bird sightings when out and about in new places.  With photoshop, I enjoy "framing" the images to enhance them in some small way.  Here, revisiting a few of my favorites, each re-framed for today's posting.  Birds make me happy (yes, and you too make me happy, Kismet ... so I will look for your witty remark today, as I do every day!) ... so Happy Tuesday, one and all.

ANHINGA

BLUE JAYS

AMERICAN FINCH

RED TAIL HAWK

DOWNY WOODPECKER



Remember to visit Basil and Smooch and family today for another great crafting idea.

And by the way, another friend has posted a super craft idea on their blog ... so pop over and
visit GRACE and COMPANY for easy-to-make kitty afghans ... soft and cozy
for your own kitties, and great to gift to your local shelters!

18 comments:

  1. All great shots! My favorite is the red tail hawk. Such a handsome and imposing character.
    Happy Tuesday all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ~ t'was a matter of luck, as he/she simply "stayed put" for quite some time, enjoying a
      recent "kill" for a mid-day meal. Otherwise, I'd never have gotten the photo, the hawk would not
      have stayed in place so long.

      Delete
  2. Those really are pretty birdies and such fun watching too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and I do the same things. I love to watch the birds too.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday, my friend. Scritches to Dougie and Zoey. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. You call that flying? They're all walking. I'll show you flying but first I have to go to the vet today for my checkup. SQUAAAAAAAWK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a wonderful selection of backyard birds...I'm also a big fan of the hawk!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love to watch birdies too! That red tail hawk reminded me that we haven't seen Mr. Cool Beans Cooper, our resident Cooper's hawk, in a while. I'm sure he's busy helping to raise his family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have to grow up to get a 'real' camera again, to get good bird shots like yours! Heck, I need a new pair of eyes too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful!!! Mom would love to have a bird feeder, but we chase all the birdies away:)

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful birds! We don't catch birds. Not our cuppa....they are way too pretty.

    Shoks

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's fun to watch and listen to the birds, we get a lovely chorus of song each morning. There are only a few that i recognize, however, although i enjoy seeing all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are some wonderful bird captures, Ann! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing such a great group of high flyers

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful pictures. I love to listen to the birds sing when I walk my dog or sit outside to read - who needs a radio!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! You have a beautiful variety of feathered visitors!

    ReplyDelete