August 19, 2021

THANKFUL and THOROUGHLY POETIC THURSDAY with SUSIE

I think the little girl in today's poem-photo challenge is named Susie.
Don't know why.  It's just the name that popped into my head the first time I looked at the picture.  Then Susie started scampering around in that often-crazy-mixed-up-head and told me she would write her own poem in the form of haiku.

Susie looks a bit young to know her alphabet, and have composition skills, 
but kids these days are awfully smart, so I said,
"great, I like that ... go for it!  So, here is SUSIE'S haiku."


COME CLOSE
by Susie

as dark comes to us
you are safe under my light
come close to me now

a story I'll share
with you my best ever friends
I love you so much
💙


Thank you Angel Sammy and Teddy from Two Spoiled Cats for the charming image you shared today, and Susie says "thank you", too!  It's always fun (well, most the time it is ~ sometimes it's more difficult than fun!) to take up the challenge you give us each week . . .

And it's Thankful Thursday over at Brian's Home Blog.  Today, along with being thankful for all the good things in my life, I'm thankful Susie popped into my head and wrote the haiku for Zoolatry, as I'm still drooling on the keyboard from dental surgery and slurring the words I type . . .  



BRIAN'S HOME BLOG



23 comments:

  1. yes..it must be susie... the name fits perfect ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susie did a lovely job capturing this special moment under her blanket with all her BESTEST friends around her! Great job with this image Ann...thanks for joining in our poetry fun every week!

    Love, Pam and Teddy too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cute little poem for that cute little Susie! I hope the mouth feels better soon. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susie did a great job. Love it.

    I hope you feel better soon.

    Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday. Scritches to June. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. We think Susie did a great job with her haiku. That is such a cute picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet haiku...thanks Susie. We hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susie is a hero to her anipals!
    Sorry to hear about the dental surgery; what a beast of a thing to go through.
    Took me a full two weeks to recover from having four wisdom teeth extracted, and I was in my 20's at the time!
    Wishing you a speedy recovery, and remember to take the time you need to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susie is a real sweetie and we bet June would be under that blanket in two shakes of a cats tail

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree Susie is the purrfect name for the precious little girl
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your writing, thank you for sharing Susie's haiku today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice poem and sending you healing purrs for quick recovery from the dental work!
    Purrs & Head Bonks,
    Alberto

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful poem, i hope you are feeling better every day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Susie wrote a lovely haiku. And we hope your dental healing goes well. Hugs.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  14. We are Thankful that Susie took over the poetry duties. As drool coming out of the keyboard is no fun! Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for participating when you don't feel well. Sure, you drool on the computer it's okay but an animal does and its a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Susie sure knew how to compose a sweet poem!

    Hope your drooling issues clear up soon...and we hope you start to feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susie is awesome as is her wonderful haikus ~ Xo

    Living in the moment,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete