December 23, 2021

A LETTER FROM THE NORTH POLE (By Way Of Iva, South Carolina)


"Two-Two, do you think we should be writing a thank you letter?"
"Meow.  Yes, we should, Mommy Marg!"

Dear Deer Friends ~

I'm here at the North South Pole right now, keeping busy, working the work every day.  Doing wheelies in my wheel-chair!  Walking the walk with my jingle-bell walker and rather making merry with all the elves!  I even hung a few reindeer on the big tree out in the lobby (and then stole a chocolate from the visitor's candy dish!) I noticed the front door and considered planning my escape to home, but realized it was a long way in a wheely chair. They're thinking of naming me "Mischievous Marg", meow!

Two-Two came to visit, how sweet of her ... and my neighbors have been so good ... Ann, now the carer for Joe and Smoke (remember the donks) is here visiting often, Layton down the road a-piece helps to feed all the kitties back at home ... and others back home keep watch over the back-forty and the fields, and the house but ... oh my, how I am missing my kitties!  Don't get me started on that ...

Mom ~ you are digressing, sort of rambling, we were going to write a thank you letter, right? Meow!

Oh, Two-Two you do keep me on the straight and narrow!  Are you this bossy to all the other kits back home?  But you're right ... let's get on with it, the impawtent stuff ...

Where do I begin.  Well, the elves here are taking good care of me.  Even when I'm a bit of a grinch, which is only when I get to wanting to go home really bad.  I usually keep any grinchiness to myself tho!  

If you were to visit me, you'd come into a room with more wonderful cards and Christmas Cards than anybody in the whole wide world ever got.  Really!  I am the most lucky woman, and thank you to all of you! 

And so many stuffies, my bed is covered in stuffies, I love each and every one of them. They are such good company and we cuddle together day and night. Don't tell but we also have deep and serious conversations together, most of them have some very interesting things to say!  And I say thank you for all my stuffie friends!  

If you've ever been un-lucky enough to be in a hospital, you know they are c-c-cold places, but I am lucky to have been gifted some extra warmth blankies, thank you so much!  

Hospital food?  Need I say more ... well, receiving treats and snax and candies and fruit from you has made my day, many days actually!  Thank you.

How I wish I could send a purr-sonal thanks to each one of you, but that is not to be.  But know that in my heart I love you for all you have done for me, for thinking of me and making my life here so much better.  I am truly working hard at what needs to be done so I can return home, to my life and the kitties I love dearly.  Please keep me in your prayers, today and in the days to come.  I wish each and every one a Merry Christmas and a New Year with good health and much happiness.

With love and thanks,
MARG

Hey, Meow, don't furget me ~ paws from Two-Two


36 comments:

  1. Just a note from Ann and June, and Marg's best buddy, Aunty Dee ~ this is, of course, a "simulated picture and letter", but if Marg were able to write to you herself (she has no computer), we're sure she'd go into overload with her THANK YOU'S. She is doing better, small steps forward each day and the support and caring from all of you has truly helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful letter dear Marg! Mum and I are so happy that you are OK even if you are not in your home.
    I am sure that the collective purrs of all the Cat Blogosphere will find their way to you and you will
    feel better. Mum and I are hoping you will get well enough to return home.
    WE wish you a very Merry Christmas!!!!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing Marg a Merry Christmas, and hoping she will soon be well enough to return to he beloved kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have expressed the feelings and thoughts of Marg! Its almost like she had dictated it to you!

    Good to know she is slowly but surely recovering.
    We sure hope she'll have a blessed and wonderful Christmas celebration in that rehab place:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure if Marg could write she'd say EXACTLY this....and we do hope - along with everyone who knows her - that she will be home again soon!

    Hugs, Pam and Teddy too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that is so sweet. We know she is missing being home with her furs. Being away from them must be so very hard. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're wishing Marg a good recovery, small progress every day, and even though she's in rehab for the holidays, we hope she enjoys the treats and gifts and cards, and that she knows how much we all care for her. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is a super sweet letter... and we hope all our cards and letter bring joy to her...

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love you too Marg, keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simulated or not it was really nice to read ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great letter. We are purring and praying that Marg gets to go home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oops, I think I forgot to say thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Marg it is so good to see and hear from you on how are are doing. 2-2 arrived in her formal attire I see.
    Healing hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're glad to hear Marg is doing well and we have our paws crossed that she can go home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMC! This letter made the mom tear up a bit. We are so happy that Miss Marg is doing better and we purr and pray that she can leave the hospital and go home soon. And what joy it was to see Two Two visiting with her! We sent Miss Marg a card...and I hope it gets to her in time. ~Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful post. I smiled all the way through. I'm glad Marg is being well cared for. We all love Marg.

    Have a fabulous day. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nothing but warm wishes and good thoughts for Marg and her animpals!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful letter, and we, too, hope Marg will be well enough to be back in her own home soon. We're glad she's surrounded by cards, stuffies and well-wishes from so many dear furriends, and we'll send an extra round of purrs and healing purrayers in hopes it helps her along.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sending purrs, prayers, pawsitives and soft head bonks your way Marg. Best to you and all the kitties as well as Smoke and Joe. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful post and Marg looks great! We keep her in our daily prayers and purrs that she can go home soon to her babies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great letter! Love to Marg and all the animals! We're purring and praying she is able to get home soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those elves better be treating Miss Marge right and making sure Santa finds her this year! XOX and gentle woofs and licks. Lucy, Xena and Chia

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Marg ~ you are a sweet person ~ sending lots of distant reiki healing energy to you ~ Xo ~ Your post is delightful and love the sweet kitty photo !

    Merry Christmas to you,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Pawrayers you gets to come home soon!!

    xoxo,
    Matt & Matilda

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a wonderful thank you letter! Marg is such a special person, and we love seeing her spirits lifted!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. How great to hear from Marg (and Two-Two) and learn that she is doing well, and her animals are being so well cared for ! Purrs and Purrayers continuing !

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a wonderful letter and we look forward to the day when Marg is back home with those she loves best.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So nice to learn Marg is doing well. And that she got to see Two-Two. XO

    ReplyDelete
  29. We remember how much our Dad hatted the hospital and how cold and lonely it was. What a wonderful letter from Marg! And Two-Tow thanks for helping it happen! We love Marg so furry much it is nice to know that she is OK and getting better. We are so very glad to hear how she is doing. THANK YOU Two-Two (and Ann).

    ReplyDelete
  30. Praying you get to go home very soon, Ms. Marg!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved Marg's letter, and am fascinated with her life at the North Pole. We are all praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Chrispmouse Marg, sending mew oodles of festive purrs and hugs! XX

    ReplyDelete
  33. Merry Christmas, Marg and Two Two! It is so special to hear from you. Lots and lots of purrs and prayers that you can go home soon. XO

    ReplyDelete
  34. How lovely to see Marg sitting up and smiling!! I'm so happy she had such an overwheming response. Under the circumstances there's no such thing as Two-Two much! Sending healing thoughts your way, Marg. May you soon return home to your kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Marg, we are so sorry it took us this long to pay you a visit. It has beena crazy hectic week for MOm, but we are just thrilled to hear how you are doing. We hope you continue to do as the doctors say and maybe you will get home to the kitties sooner than you think. Two Two is such a good girl to come visit you - you know she is our Mom's favorite of your kitties. All the very best to you, dear Marg.

    Woos and Hugs - Lightning, Misty, and Timber and Mom too

    ReplyDelete