January 23, 2022

"I MISSED YOU", by June

Two weeks ago when mine Mommy said we would have a blog break, I thought that sounded like furever, and I was right, it's been furever, and I've missed you all, a lot.  So yesterday I decided to run away.  Yup.  I said to myself, well, she can break as long as she wants, but not me!  So when she left the door open, while going next door to take something to Mr. R, off I went ~ I was running away, north/south/east/west, didn't matter, as long as I could go see my friends!

I was about to go right ~ that's East by the way, but that door opens to a whole 16-sets of stairs down to the lobby, and my short little legs and shoeless paws would get so, so tired and hurty.


So, I went left instead, obviously, now heading West, a much longer walk as you can see.  I was just about to the ellybators, when I heard the ellybator talking-lady go "ding ding" and say "15th floor, going up" and I my back furs flew up and my tail got twice its size!  OhMyCat, the doors would open any second now, out would come strange peoples who might cat-nap me and steal me away furever and ever.  I leapt up on all fours, did a 360 degree turnabout and headed East.  (Saved by the bell is one way to put it.)
My door was open.  Mine Mommy stood just inside.  A little smile on her face.  Were you running away?  Oh, no, I lied, I just went to visit Miss J, and see how she was doing, I lied again.  Mmm, hmm, Mommy said.  And you forgot to wear your mask, she added.  Meow, sorry, I said.  I don't think I like it outside here so much, I told her, it's sort of scary.  Yes, it can be, she said back to me, want to come in now, where it's warm and cozy and safe, and you can have a cookie, cause I love you?

Yes, I'd like a cookie, thank you.  I love you, too.  And Mommy?  
I won't run away again, I said very quietly.
... but can I please start blogging and visiting my friends again? ...
yes, Juney.


We apologize, as we could not seem to add Mr Linky today.











36 comments:

  1. We have missed you too, Juney, and you don't want to run away from home. You have the bestest home ever with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you too, June. That was quite an adventure you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back and let the adventures begin, AGAIN! glad you did not get on the elevator, now THAT would be scary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a bit of an adventure June!
    I think I would be scared of that elevator as well.
    I like to explore, but want to be able to see/hear mum ;)
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've also missed you, June. That was a big adventure, but we sure hope you don't decide to run away again! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are so glad you came back, Juney. And We hope you enjoyed your cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juney you and huMom were missed too. Sometimes a gal has to put her paw down to show she means business
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just saw you heron question.
    We took our walk about 9 am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're glad you are back. That was quite an adventure you had!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, an adventure took you right back to home where you are welcome and where you *belong*!

    Those elevators are nosy scary things. Once I worked in an old building, and the elevator was ancient, creaky and had two sets of doors...now that was a scary monster for peeps; let alone furry ones, to contend with!

    Happy to see your blogging break is done and you are back with us...on a Selfie Sunday!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, we are sure glad you came back, Juney. We missed you and your mama, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was quite a scary adventure you went on, June. We're glad you're back home and we're glad you are back to blogging, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adventure! You shouldn't make your mommy worry though. Yes staying in and blogging is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mee-yow June yore so brave....makin a brake fore it!!! Xcept THE it' can bee furry scarey! You have a lovelee hallway where you live. Ourss iss sorta old...reel old an there are ALOT of scarey peepss.
    Glad you went home June! An Ellybaturss are furry furry noisy an scarey!!!!!

    Miss Ann you REELLY keeped yore kewl. BellaSita Mum wuud have freeked out!! Mee triess NOT to door dash....alot of peepss here due NOT LIKE Black Catss ;)

    wishin both of youss' a guud week...
    **nose kissess** BellaDharma an {{hugss}} BellaSita Mum

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh sweet June, it's scary out there, you need to stay in behind closed doors...where the cookies live!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I missed you and your mom. I am glad you didn't try to find your friends. We are all waiting for you in the computer. XO

    ReplyDelete
  17. She has the cutest little face! Glad all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad you are home again with Mommy ~ cozy and warm ~ sweet photos of you dear cat ~ Xo

    Wishing you lots of loving moments,

    A ShutterBug Explores,
    aka (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  19. June! Sweetheart! What an adventure! Purrhaps it will become a regular feature, like Mr Spitty and his hallway walks. We are glad you are back! Oh! We did see you on Dani's blog last week! You were adorable! And yes...you can come and visit us (in our imaginations) our tunnel is always open for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We missed you two as well, but sometimes humans need a break. We are glad you decided "east/west/ home is best." Stay warm and comfy togetehr.

    ReplyDelete
  21. june bug, yoo r quite the sploror cat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Don't stress, we know our way to the kitties Blue Mr Linky address Juney! I am so glad you are home and I should not giggle at your adventure but, for a little kitty you went a long LONG way!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh June! It’s good to see you. I’m glad you decided not to run away. ~Ernie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aaaaaaaaaaaw Sweet June, you can come visit us anytime. It's warm and cozy here too. I's don't think we have any cookies, but we'll share mommy's lap with ya'. It's the bestest. Big hugs

    Luvs ya'

    RaenaBelle and Zebby

    ReplyDelete
  25. Whew - that was a scary story, June. We don't want you to ever run away again. Just stay right there with your Mom where you are cared for and loved beyond measure.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  26. June, you just need more time in the hallway to get accustomed to it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Running away is a very serious undertaking, and not generally worth it. Very seldom does it end well.

    Stay home, sweet friend and thank you so much for coming back to blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  28. June, your innocent face...I love the expression on the last photo. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hope you enjoyed your mini adventure and hope you won't be repeating it any time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  30. so great to hear from you dear June ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  31. June, I was very worried for your safety. Good thing Mommy was there keeping track of you. I'm glad the elebator shooed you back home even though you weren't wearing any (shoes, that is). Hugs & Kisses to you and your HuMom.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm glad you are home and safe with your Mom and back blogging again. Sounds like it was a big adventure though.

    ReplyDelete
  33. juney chowder....pleez due knot ever runz a way again....next time that ella vatorz openz.. a damn bass terd turkee could moe zee on out... then what.....yea.....

    ;) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete