October 30, 2022

THE GNCAT GNOMES GARDENS of GOOD and EVIL

Earlier this month, while doing my family genealogy research, I met a few of my rather infamous ancestors, The Cat Addams Family.  Afterwards, my dear friend DANI began to help me look deeper into my background, and she discovered another branch of my family tree ~ the Gncat Gnomes!  Then (with a little help from her Mom, Wendy) she gathered them all together and sent them all the way from Canada to Maryland so I could meet them, joining them for formal introductions.  So, come with us please to meet them in the Gncat Gnome Gardens of Good and Evil.


The garden entrance was forbidding, but the topiary gnome-shaped trees and shrubbery were most imposing.  While I was a bit overwhelmed by the strange gnomes waiting in the shadows to guide us, I did keep my eyes on the threatening one high above.  Meanwhile, DANI had spotted a very welcoming gnome cousin, smiling down upon us and assured me we were indeed welcome. 


We stopped first in a sun-dappled enclosure where DANI introduced me to my Great Aunty TigGNer Gnome and she was charming and so pretty.  The shy flutterby Great Uncle GNeorge spoke little and stayed quiet atop his fence, safely away from we intruders.  He did however, wave a wing with a gentle goodbye as we moved on.


The next stop was definitely one we could have passed by!  We all know that every family has its share of "black sheep" and sad to say, mine was no different.  Admittedly, I enjoyed meeting them ~ albeit from a distance.  DANI said that according to her research, all were just second or third cousins, for which I was thankful.  Gnome Batty intrigued me with her purple sparkles ... Gnome BunEars way in back had adorable pink paws, and that snaggle-toofed nameless one in the middle did remind me a bit of Angel Zoey.  So I politely offered up a soft meow, but no cat cuddling with this clan.  


And then, then!  OhMyGncat Gnome ~ surely I am a direct descendant of her, how could I not be?  Nearly hidden in her paper-tent, little Miss GnomeJuneyOne waited to bid us farewell.  We did touch noses, we did give cheek-rubs and shared some tail wagging and I told her how much I loved my paper-tents.  She agreed they are the best fun and that's why she had channeled her love of them to me!  I will remember and think often of her and it was hard to meow goodbye to her (to all), but our time here had come to an end.  T'was a gnome garden of much good ... only maybe a bit not.  So I left happy and content having met my new family of once upon a time. 


Our visit to the Gnome Gardens to meet and greet would not have happened without our friend DANI ~ so thank you and a very big paws up.  Dani and her creative Mom, Miss Wendy did the art and design for all the "good - and the not so good, too" little gnomes shown here today.  All we did was tuck them into some backgrounds.  So again, thanks for bringing some fun to our month of Boolatry.  You might want to visit Dani, if you don't already know her ... she's a beautiful kitty lady with an amazing blog ~ O DANI GIRL.



28 comments:

  1. We wanted to let you know we sent you an invite to the blog. We hope you got it. We loved meeting your family and the garden setting was awesome. We have to admit that Great Uncle GNeorge was our favorite except for Miss GnomeJuneyOne (she is adorable).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like AliceGnome falling down the hole into GnomeVille. what a great story

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun set of gnomes you have in your family tree, June!!

    Dani and her Mom are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It must have been effur so exciting to meet so many of your ancestors, Juney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great job you did today! Your story flows easily through the Gnome Garden of Good and Evil. Luckily there weren't any evil consequences. I guess the family bond was stronger than the urge to do ill. You really did the gnomes justice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! That is quite the family tree!!!! What a visit you had with Dani too.
    I do see some resemblance with Mis GnomeJuneyOne ;) You are the pretty one in the family though !
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous family you have! Thanks for letting us meet them too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two standing ovations for the author and artist!!!!
    WOW Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  9. June, how exciting to find out all your family history! You have so many interesting and curious cat relatives. And to see all the Gncat Gnomes with their ancestry fashion wear. We enjoyed this visit into your past.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Juney! Once again, we are awed by your amazing lineage!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post. I love gnomes. XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great adventure to visit all your gnome ancestors!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gncat Gnomes, who would have figured? Love those sweet Gncat Gnomes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Quite an interesting family tree you have.

    ReplyDelete
  15. June - we are catching up as always, but are loving all your stories. Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is absolutely BRILLIANT!!! what scary gnomes but what an amazing place and I LOVE the costumes. FANTASTIC!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Furabuluss furamillee you have there June! Who mew bout the GnCAT GnOMESS?
    You are so brave....mee wuud have run away from them ;)
    An Dani girl you an yore Meowmy Miss Wendy are wunderfull to help out...
    Happy Halloweeny Miss Ann an sweet June girl <3 <3
    ***purrss*** BellaDharma an ((huggiess)) BellaSita Mum

    ReplyDelete
  18. A fun meeting with yet more of your fascinating family, June!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fun adventure you went on to meet some distant relatives, June.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is one magical and fun place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was very sweet of Dani to help you meet those relatives sweet June. You do have a very interesting family!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I smiled the whole way through your post, and I know a few who'd be jealous of that (Gncat) family tree!! 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  23. What wonderful adventures you and Dani get up to!!! You could start a travel blog. We had fun meeting all your gnew friends!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ancestry research can be fun, especially if you get to meet some interesting relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congratulations, I don't think gnome comes up on a DNA test.

    ReplyDelete
  26. June! Dani's Mom Wendy is magnificent! We have always loved her posts, she is so punny! I think it might be a Canadian trait...And The Gnomes...all we can say is Gnomio and Juneyette! Purrs Marv

    ReplyDelete