February 29, 2024

AN "EXTRA" SPECIAL THANKFUL THURSDAY


Mine Mommy was having a little talk with me, she was telling me that today is a special Thursday, a special Thankful Thursday.  It's like a whole "extra day" we all get and we don't get another one like this until the year 2028 and then another in the year 2032!  

Even though I'm still in kittengarten I can do a little bit of math.  So I will be 4-years old at the end of March and that means on the next "extra-day-year" I'll be eight-years old and on the one after that I'll be an almost teenager at twelve-years-old!  

But I'd better not do the math and tell you how old mine Mommy will be or I might get relegated to the sit-in-the-corner-chair and have a time-out!  Oh noes.

Anywayz.  I think we should be thankful to have a "extra day" in our life and do something special with it.  I'm going to sit here awhile and think about what I can do special.  Maybe my LOVE PAWS pillow will give me some good ideas ~ like being extra lovey today.  It's always good to be lovey, even on regular days, right, but specially on "extra days", so don't waste yours!  Be thankful, do something special, maybe like being extra lovey.


26 comments:

  1. June, love your philosophy!
    You pose so beautiful in front of the Love pillow and in front of that spectacular hand crocheted piece.
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  2. An extra day is always a good thing to be thankful for, June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leap Day is always a special day. Mom has a friend who was born on Leap Day. She will be 15 this year since she only has a birthday every four years. It is a rather odd day, but one that makes us happy for some reason, maybe because it is something different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love you lovey pillow and it is the same colors as your furs. you look so regal in your chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have been thinking about all of the people who have 2/29 as their birthday; they must be having a great time today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that I have an extra day to be thankful for my new home!!
    Purrs Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. June, we are glad fur an extra day. And here we got the sunpuddle starting after rain, tornado, and then snow all yesterday. No weather today is purrfect. Just think, kitties born today will get old much much slower, mol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're thankful that we get an extra day of seeing your beautiful face, June. Our mom keeps staring at the lovely crocheted afghan behind you though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. June what a lovelly afghan drape behind you.
    I am thankful for you and Mom today
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlee: "What should we do with our extra day?"
    Chaplin: "Get caught up on sleep, what else?"
    Charlee: "Sounds like a plan!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. We hope you have a SuperSpecial day today, Juney!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so right sweet June, extra bonus days are always a good thing. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are enjoying this extra day too, although math-wise, it does make our heads spin! Sweet photo of you, June!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We hope you enjoy today's extra day. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is nice to have a bonus day. XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are very thankful that we can spend our extra day playing outside!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  17. The more time together the more extra special love we have to share. XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very good advice for today beautiful June.

    ReplyDelete
  19. June, like me, you seem to love having your picture taken. XOX Xena
    The extra special thing in our house today is after 3 new dryers that wouldn't work, we got our newest washer and dryer working. There is another load of laundry running as I speak, and such a sweet sound it is after 4 weeks of none. Mom Amy

    ReplyDelete
  20. It is extra special, and remember you never ask a lady who old she is, you ask her how old she goes by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Math that tells us how old our mom is is not math that should be shared

    ReplyDelete
  22. Umm, yeah, okay. I'm still working on the extra lovey thing. I'll get back to you on that, June.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What big eyes you have Darhling! Does doing math surprise you so much?

    ReplyDelete