March 13, 2024

MY WEDNESDAY WORD

I actually chose my own word this week after I heard it during a commercial break ~ mine Mommy was watching the news on her computer and all of a sudden there was a meowing computer-cat jumping on a kitchen counter and a computer-mommy opening a can (I know that sound), and I heard that computer-mommy say ~ "here bootsie, this is supper fit for a gourmand, just like you, bootsie baby!"  

So, I said to mine Mommy, "I'm your baby, right ... is my supper fit for a gourmand, am I one of those, what is a gourmand?"  And she said, oh yes you are!  Gourmand ~ the kitty who takes great pleasure in eating, the kitty who has a hearty appetite, the kitty who cleans her plate and leaves not a crumb.  That's me!


Unfortunately, she went on to point out that at my last visit to Dr Vet, I weighed in at 14.56 pounds and was notified that my ideal weight is actually about 12 pounds and again, unfortunately, in the very near future when much of the food in my cat food drawer is used up it will be replaced by different foods of lower-calorie counts and I will likely see smaller servings on my plate at each meal as we work together (together?) to restore my now plump little body to the healthier and better weight it was last year!  

Apparently I do not need to add the word gourmand to my voCATulary after all.  Sigh.



  


21 comments:

  1. the mama is in da same boat... she said that is a kind of spring cleaning too... we are curious how clean she will be... hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are too much of a gourmand and that is why you have heard the dreaded D word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your expression says you are not happy that plate is empty or the word low calorie was mentioned in your food plan. Beau needs to lose about 4 pounds, mama needs to lose 9 and daddy needs to lose 20... will I happen?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you have to cut back. Luckily for we doggies, we stay pretty fit with lots of exercise. It is probably more difficult for kitties to get exercise. Our cat bro Bert was always a bit on the heavy side. You will survive and feel better losing a couple pounds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juney if Angel Madi was here she would be 100000% sympathetic she was often insulted at her annual check ups
    Hugs and Thank Mom for the POTP
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh near, that diet word keeps popping up at just the wrong time sweet June!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can still be a gourmand and eat less calories, June. You do look surprised to hear the news about your new diet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My vet told mom the same thing as dogs with arthritis issues have an easier time of it if they're not carrying extra poundage. Mom cuts down on my meal size but does not take away my treats.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel for you, June. Our Little Bit has gained weight and I'm afraid that she'll need a diet next visit. I feel for you. You know your mom will do what's right for the very best health you can have.

    Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh! You do look startled and concerned about the upcoming dietary changes, June! But hopefully your new food will be extra tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlee: "Oh no, not the dreaded diet! We went on a diet here a few years ago and it was awful. I'm pretty sure every bad thing that has happened since about 2022 is because we went on a diet."

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi June, And here I thought you looked slimmer! I'm sorry you will have to go through the torture of a diet, but I know your Mommy wants to keep you healthy. So, please try your best to co-oPURRate. You will feel so much better, honestly!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't know, you can be a gourmand of all kind of foods, right?
    OK...maybe not MOL
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  14. Poor June for having to cut down on your gourmand investment...
    But it is for your health and longevity so you better cooperate with your Mommy!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think the vet had her hand on the scale. XO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mudpie sympathizes. She weighs more than you :( I got her to lose a little last summer...but over the winter she's gained it right back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darn. Maybe you can be a gourmand NEXT time, Juney.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You can still be a gourmand, just with different foods that are healthier for you.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your meowmy is taking care of you, June...a bit of extra weight isn't healthy for a kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We eat our veggies and that helps us keep trim. We wish that Mom would give us more treats, but, oh well, we stay pretty slender. Hope you are soon back to your "healthy" weight and able to eat a bit more!

    ReplyDelete