April 04, 2024

COMING and GOING

COMING and GOING

"I'm coming, Mom."  For a long, very long time, mine Mommy
 and I have been practicing a new word.

  The word is "coming".  Here is a picture of me "coming" 
though I believe I'm "going", going somewhere.

Yes, she thinks I'm coming but I think I'm going.

I do remember something in my kittengarten class that 
implied English is a confusing sometimes upside-down language. 

Catspeak is far more sensible.  Meow. 
Maybe that's what we should be practicing.

Anyway, I guess I'm thankful to be learning this new word, it makes it a
little bit easier for me-and-her to understand each other, 
well, at least she thinks so.  

Me, I'm not so sure cause I've noticed that
humans talk a lot without saying much. Meow.





 

17 comments:

  1. you are so right, June, I do talk a lot and say nothing. all the time! Doens;t matter if you are going or coming in your photo because I am smiling at the molded blanket hole your are coming/going from, its the shape of your head

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably obey that word like we hounds do. We come right away when Mom says come, unless we have something better to do. Hounds are more like cats when it comes to obedience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. June...especially in an election year, there is an awful lot of human chin-wagging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. June whichever you are doing I must say you do it with such supermodel grace and poise
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest June,
    Well, in the seventeen years of talking to our kitties, they understand most of our words.
    Not only understanding but they sense by your intonation and body language.
    Keep communicating!
    Hugs,
    Mariette + Kitties

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you were coming out of your little cave in the basket, June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Charlee: "Our Dada says whether you are coming or you are going is all a matter of perspective!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coming or going, you are a cutie. XO

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! All good observations, June! Cats are always such good observers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course you can do both, June. You were coming out of your nest and going to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right sweet June, meow covers a lot of things including comings and goings! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When you go instead of come you are really coming but taking the long way around

    ReplyDelete
  13. How astute of you, June! It's all a matter of purrspective.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meow is more logical. No matter how you define it, you are moving toward your mommy, that's what is important.

    ReplyDelete
  15. As long as they remember to say "cookie" or "walk" or "treat," we are happy.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete