September 18, 2024

"WINDOWS" vs windows

My feeble attempt to introduce a bit of humor into our shared "Windows" experience (September 12 and again on September 17) appears not to have been all that clear.

JUNE has some very nice, high up, 16th floor, windows that she enjoys ... when not hiding in the closet to escape my stress and frustration and earlier mentioned bad, bad werdz (the place where she also found one or two of her own delish little bugs, by the way).

On the other paw, I, her Mommy, have been struggling, sans humor, to upgrade the "Windows" operating system on our computer.  Oh, it downloaded easy enough, fast and thoroughly.  And most of what I had before, for years and years, was still there.  Some new goodies were there, too.  Not that I wanted those new goodies, or have any intention of ever using them, and little bugs I didn't want and June wouldn't eat.

I'm an "oldie", would like to say an "oldie goldie" purrhaps.  A bit set in my ways.  I do what I do in my way. Willing to change, to grow, but only in small steps ... like that old "Mother May I?" game played in childhood.  A baby step, not a giant leap!  

So, discovering that some of my favorite and most used tools ... those used daily to design and create June's Zoolatry blog posts were GONE ... gone, girl, gone ... was a bit disturbing.  And disturbing is a really big understatement.  As June will attest, a lot of bad, bad werdz could be heard all the way from the 16th floor to the street below!

The moral of this story?  None really.  Well, maybe the old buyer beware.  Or buyer prepare.  We continue to work, which means downloads of other software, tweaking this and that, searching hidden files, going where no (wo)man has gone before ... 

Until then, no posts.  No visiting friends blogs.  No commenting.  And that is the real "Windows" story.

Comments off.