April 11, 2008

ZOEY'S BOOK MEME



We got tagged for the Book Meme by Eric & Flynn, and
Cat In The Bag.
If you're tagged, here are the rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag some friends and post a comment to Mickey who started it all.

This picture shows the nearest book to The Zoolatry Human. It's on the table by her desk where we do our work. She calls it a "coffee table" book but I don't know why because I do not see any coffee anywhere near it, in it, on it, around it. It's a big book, way bigger than me, and way heavier than me. So it was hard to open to page 123. This book is called "30,000 Years of Art: The Story of human creativity through time and space". I think it will take her 30,000 years to read it. But then maybe not cause its got lots of pictures and not so many words. It has 1,063 pages and she says it gives her "inspurration".

According to the challenge, we go to page 123 and it reads, "Lions are common symbols of royalty in the ancient Mediterranean, and the antithetical arrangement with an altar has recently been linked to divinely sanctioned order and prosperity. The clean lines and powerful musculature of these felines would have made them an impressive and domineering sight as one approached the gate, particularly since monumental sculpture was virtually unknown in the Bronze Age Aegean. Greece: Lion Gate, artist unknown, c.1300 BC."

We now tag YAO-LIN (who is surely divinely sanctioned), and we tag PYEWACKET (who is definitely impressive), and we tag ANNIE MOSAIC (who we've heard can be quite domineering).


8 comments:

  1. Argh! Sus! Sus! It's US!! Mom - get UP! C'mon mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book sounds like something Mommy would like to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like learning the mythical meaning of lions. Especially the prosperity part! That's why I guard/sleep on the creative table when ML is working...to bring her prosperity.

    So now you've called me wordy and domineering this week. Well you know what? In the words of the brilliant Tina Fey: "Bitch is the new black" because "Bitches GET STUFF DONE"!

    And I WILL get this meme done. With or without "help". Si se puede!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At my house we have coffee table books too. I don't understand that either. It gets moved many times and the dust is taken off of it. I wonder if that is what the author has wanted his/her readers to do with the book? Oh well, that was interesting about the lions. Sometimes I like to pretend that I am a lion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well Thank You for the tag! I actually did this meme a little while back but I would gladly do it again because it was kind of fun to show the world how thick my human really is! hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  7. We like pikchurs of lions. It's probly a good job that there's lots of pikchurs or ZH wouldn't haf time to help you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!That sounds like a neato book!
    The books by Mom's bed are nothing like that,heehee
    I did not start this meme.When I did it, we linked back to somebean called Empress :) But it is a cool meme :)
    Purrs Mickey

    ReplyDelete