September 27, 2016

OUR HOLIDAY ALBUM, Part 2

Today's album pages feature two of our own headers.  Both were very ambitious and challenging projects for me ~ probably the one done in 2009 was the most complex I've ever worked on.  Although the series done for last year, 2015 was time consuming ~ it was not quite as difficult, but it was certainly a lot of fun.  Many of our viewers/readers today may not have seen the 2009 series and although shown here, we are not showing it in full.

First ~ 2015.  We began with an empty tree, a simple graphic.  Every few days we hung cards on the tree ... E-cards received from blogging friends.  I'd intended to scan and include cards that came by way of "snail mail" but about that time my printer/scanner gave out on me, so was only able to list those greetings unfortunately ... though I think I may have snuck a few in.  Over the month of December it was fun to watch our little tree fill up with our friends cards and greetings!



Second ~ 2009.  Our header and our posts all month long were based on the concept of an Advent Calendar.  Beginning with a December calendar, a kitty for each day.  Then day by day, something or someone special appeared for the day ~ and in that day's post ~ the window opened.  We celebrated family, blogging friends.  We celebrated Rainbow Bridge memories.  We celebrated the arrival of our third grandchild, a little baby boy.  We celebrated dozens of wonderful kitties and amazing woofies that we had come to know and love through the world of pet blogging.  And on December 25 we opened a window to celebrate our own family and share our Christmas wishes.



16 comments:

  1. I love the idea to make a collage with all the cards from friends... so I have them efurry day when I visit my blog :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luffs them all!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Ann, those are all just gorgeous and so well done. What a fun time for you. Thanks so much for your good wishes on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We appreciate your many talents & creativity.

    Astro, Linda & Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all so beautiful! I love the idea of the Advent calendar, and how you used cards from friends. So lovely and clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We loved how you displayed all the cards. You really are talented. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful art ! We love the idea of using cards from friends. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Simply beautiful. We bet it is not easy to do that. But when you love what you do, it makes it all worthwhile.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMD...I had forgotten how cute Bilbo and I looked way back in the olden days!! You are so very talented Miss Ann!
    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann, a lot of work went into both of these; they are fantastic; we were not on blogger
    in 2009; it's amazing to see dawg doug doodz best boy here as a wee babe !!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your creativity is a gift. It is great how you share it with others.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We super love both of your headers!They are wonderful! We may copy those ideas if that's okay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's fabulous!!! I wish the mama could make my my own advent calendar with all my friends inside... butt because I ate the advent calender from last year, so she said no! ... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! That was a lot of work and we love every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete