December 10, 2022

THE STORY OF THE MERRY-BASKET

Last week I saw mine Mommy fill up this Merry-Basket full of fancy-dancy Christmas chocolates, it was filled almost to overflowing.  And then she put a whole-bunch more into a bowl in the high-up cupboard (where I couldn't taste it!)  Then she made this little Christmassy-sign that said (she had to tell me what it said, cause I can't read yet!) "Caring is sharing ~ take one, then be done ~ leave more so others have some!"  Then she left our studio with the Merry-Basket, but she wasn't gone long at all. When she got back, she told me that she does this each year, leaves a big candy basket at the front desk in the lobby, so all the peoples in the building can have a little holiday treat.  I asked her if we shouldn't put together a bowl for the kitties and woofies who live here, but she kind of mumbled something about that and didn't really answer me ... 
The very next day the nice front desk lady called her and said, "the candy is all gone!"  Oh dear, already? mine Mommy asked, "yes, I'm afraid the peoples took whole big handfuls, it was such good candy and it went fast."  So Mommy said she would come fill it up one more time, but that would be all ... Ms S. Claus had no more, but she was happy that one and all liked their holiday treat. It seems the old peoples here are a lot like us kitties, loving their treats! 
Anyway, that was last weeks story.  Guess what happened this morning?  When I woke up, I always hurry first to have my breakfast, and I pass by anything and everything else on my way to the kitchen - Priority Number One!  Once my tummy is full though ...

Oh My Cat ~ look over there ~ the Merry-Basket has returned, not with candy, but ~

Of course, I had peeked inside, but being a good kitty, and knowing
that Santa was keeping a watchful eye, I asked purr-mission to paw inside.


How wonderful!  Spring toys, in my fave color!  And I saw more in there.


Look at all these toys ~ sparkling springs, I've not seen those before.
And shiny, bouncy sticks to chew and chase, what fun.


And all this before Christmas day is even here.  I am one lucky girl.
Mine Mommy says this was from a special friend (a secret admirer ?)
Mmm, I shall have to write a thank-you note.  
No ~ not have to ~ I want to!  
She will help me, cause this was so very special!

P.S.  Mommy had unwrapped the box from the UPS man and put it all in our Memory-Basket.

23 comments:

  1. June, that pretty Merry Christmas Box certainly did you a big favor being full of toys. I am sure all of your mommy's neighbors enjoyed the candy though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute Christmas basket for June! I guess she needed that to contain all of the new spring toys. It's so cute the way she picks up the spring with her paw, and attempts to fish out more from the box. Dani is just so happy to see her friend having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very nice of your mom to put the candies out for other residents, and a lovely surprise for you to have it filled with your favourite toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is for sure a Merry Tale for Christmas.. you sure came out on the best end of the stick, candy is gone in a flash, your toys will last all year.. beautiful basket, glad the people at least left the basket. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holiday cheer was being spread far and wide, June!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gee! I bet the people loved the basket of treats in the lobby!
    However, I think your treats(toys) are better!!
    Purrs, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Juney what a kind and loving act Mom sharing her delicious goodies with your building.
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a nice surprise for you June. And the Merry Basket sounds like a wonderful idea to spread a bit of Christmas Cheer throughout the building what a thoughtful thing for your Mom to do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mom is so nice to give candy to all the residents at your high rise. You sure look like you're having fun playing with your spring toys, June.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely idea!!! We made chocolate truffles today and are making little packages of them for our delivery anthros as they have kept us in so many necessary deliveries over the last three years. Alas, I get NONE...maybe a kibble dressed up like a truffle...Your mama is so creative and so kind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Uh, oh, we sent a comment but signed with anonymous and wanted it to be signed by me, Loulou. It's about the truffles for delivery anthros.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We love the Merry Basket, Juney. It brings joy and good tidings for the other folks who live there -- and for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was so nice of your mommy to share with so many peeps in your building and you were gifted too, Juney!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Mom sure was spreading the spirit of joy sweet June and springs are just the best toys ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That was really nice of your Mom to give everyone the candy, June. And what a super surprise for you, a basket of toys! Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your mommy is lovely for sharing with the neighbours and it's so nice for you to receive those toys!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We are sorry Lady was not organized enough for card day. We loved your card! Lee and Phod

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is nice of your mom to do. You do live in a big building so maybe everyone just took one. :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. The true spirit of Christmas is alive and well in your building, sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lucky girl you are to get all those treats BEFORE Chrissymouse!
    And what a lovely idea your Mommy had, treating all the neighbours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Look at those wonderful toys you got! AND I bet it was for St Nicholas Day (wait, that was 5 days ago). And your Peep is wonderful! Special Christmas Candy for the building. What a wonderful Peep you have June (but then you know that!) Purrs Marv

    ReplyDelete
  22. Maybe she needs a sign asking people to take only one so everyone in the building may have one. Some of them might be more considerate then.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That happens where I work, too!! Adult peeps have their inner child in full gear when it comes to candy, esp the chocolate kind! LOL!

    ReplyDelete