August 06, 2026

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

It was the summer of 1976, hot and humid in the DC metro area.  
My husband and I eagerly awaited the birth of our second child. 
We had some small hopes he might arrive on the 4th of July,
a memorable date that year ~ waving a little flag ~
but he decided otherwise, maybe playing with whatever toys he'd
gathered in there over the months prior. 

Then this day arrived.  August 6.
Now I wonder, does any Mom, yelling, pushing hard,
giving birth to 8 pounds plus 9 ounces of new life give
a single thought to fifty years in the future.
Of course not.

Yet here we are, today.  Those fifty years have arrived.
Memories vivid, others faded with time.

Now I wonder also, does love grow, deepen, expand over the years.
Yes, it does.  That baby, is loved now more than ever.

Happy Birthday, Jon.



6 comments:

  1. What a lovely birthday tribute.....such precious photos too!!!! Time goes on but memories STAY.

    Love and Hugs, Pam and Teddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memories are so precious. Happy birthday to your little baby boy who has grown a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Jon! What wonderful memories and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Jon! I hope he has an amazing day. 🎂🎉

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your son. What lovely memories you have of him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very Happy Birthday to your son from the kitties and me! Meows!

    ReplyDelete