I am often among many bemoaning the state of affairs in the USA.
Among many tipping my head in shame, but today I will stand tall and proud.
Below, just a few select words from two songs that have long been favorites.
To paraphrase Kermit, "somebody thought of that,
somebody believed ~ and yes, look, we have come so far."
Listening many times to the one and only Louis Armstrong,
I do hear, have heard people saying,
"I love you."
~ ~ ~ ~~


Life if all about ups and downs, surviving the good and the bad. We have to deal with what we have in the moment and know it too will change.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post! Happy Independence Day to you and your mom, Juney! This morning, we turned on ABC expecting to see local news and weather but instead, we saw David Muir reporting from the Statue of Liberty. It was wonderful!
ReplyDeleteHappy Independence Day to you and your Mom, June! Despite everything, we have hope for the future; and we do love that Louis Armstrong song!
ReplyDeleteWe will all survive the current nightmare. Happy Birthday America! Have a wonderful and safe Independence Day!
ReplyDeleteJune Kermie was a was green frog
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th and cooling hugs to you and Mom
Cecilia
Happy 4th. We hope there are no scary boomies tonight.
ReplyDeleteHappy Independence Day!
ReplyDeleteAnd the pendulum will swing back again.
Happy Independence Day to your mine Mommy and you, June!
ReplyDeleteI am going to hold on to Mr. Frum's words and also keep hanging on to hope.
June, I hope the fireworks aren't too loud and you don't have to head to the closet.
Happy Independence Day to you and your mom, June! I too have hope that we will get through this difficult time...hopefully soon.
ReplyDeleteWhen things get us down, it’s days like today…the 4th of July…that makes us proud to be Americans.
ReplyDeleteA loely and accurate post. Thank you! 🇺🇸
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th!! XO
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed and beautiful Independence Day!
ReplyDeleteA perfect song for today
ReplyDeleteThe last one, by Louis Armstrong is my favorite song.
ReplyDeleteCharlee: "Our Dada loves that Rainbow Connection song, although his favorite version is by Sarah McLachlan. Whoever that is."
ReplyDeleteChaplin: "He also says he wishes this other song would stop being relevant all the time, and yet, here we are."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Obx8YV1Pwz8