August 18, 2026

I HAD A BAD DREAM


"I was enjoying my scratcher.  Then I drifted into a little nap.  
And I had a bad dream.

All 'round it was filled with water, not blue, reflecting the skies above.
But a little green and murky.
And my little ball was not there.  
Instead something strange stuck-up out of those murky-green waters.

Of course, I am a cat, a curious cat, like all cats.
My paw reached out.
It barely touched that strange ... my nails did not rip it ...

Suddenly.
Well, we all know what was about to happen ...

I drifted into lighter sleep. 
I heard mine Mommy quietly saying,
'Juney, would you like a treat?'

I woke up."



 

22 comments:

  1. Waking up to a treat is the best possible way to end a bad dream !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treats are definitely worth waking up for June!

    #1 said to let you know that, in Japan, they sell salt candy to help people through heatwaves. During the Olympics there, they were handing them out to everyone!

    Purrs,
    The Chans

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think you woke up just in time, Junie!
    xoxo,
    Rosy & Sunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. MOL MOL JUNE you are wise not to miss a treat.
    Angel Madi could be in lala land in the far corners of upstairs but always heard me pop a top on her Fancy Feast
    Hugs Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, I sorta want to know what was going to happen next, June!
    If you scored a treat instead, then that's just as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. a treat offer is a good end of a dream...

    ReplyDelete
  7. juney chowder....thatz what happenz when stuff in that ...."other place".....startz inn feztin
    yur mindz eye....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your mine Mommy was aware you were having a scary dream
    and so as not too wake you up too abruptly she whispered to you, June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a very bad dream! Thank goodness your mommy woke you, Juney!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you had a bad dream, but glad you got treats. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm concerned that you experienced a bad dream June. I think it might have warranted asking your mommy for a second treat.

    Megan
    Sydney, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad your mom woke you up before your dream curiosity got the best of you

    ReplyDelete
  13. No one likes those dreams, I'm glad yours ended with a good treat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Phew! We're glad you woke up in time, Juney. We wouldn't want that bad dream to include any fake charges of vandalism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I knew there was something there. I was just was not as smart to catch it.

      Delete
  15. Hello,
    A treat is a nice way to wake up! Cute photo! Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those words are better than any alarm clock.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Whew! We don't like bad dreams, but waking to a treat sounds grand!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wishing you only good dreams, June, tonight and furever.

    ReplyDelete